Monday, May 4, 2009

Somalia Pirates?

I'm surprised we haven't taken care of the problem dealing with the Somalia pirates. I could see that the U.S. has their hands full with other situations involving a new presidency, troops still in Iraq, and the economic problems in the country. We always butt our noses in everything dealing from Vietnam in the past to Iraq in the present, so why not the Somalia pirates?

I don't mind the United States being late for a week, or maybe even two weeks at the most! This particular problem has been lingering for a whole month. I might have not known about America's attempts to stop this, but the efforts seem a little minuscule in my eyes due to the lengthiness of this problem dragging out. I understand that my view on this problem is quite harsh on the government, but it is a problem that affects everyone. Not only doesthis problem disturbs other countries' trades, but ours too.

I discreetly remember Mr. Seago's wisecracks on how United States put their nose in other people's business and how it is suppose to be not. Even though I agree with Mr. Seago's HILARIOUS comments on United State's habits, but I will have to agree. People around the world already label us nosey, and some others label us as a world police, so why not keep that title? It doesn't seem to be wrong, just maybe a little expensive on our part to poke into every world matter.

So why is the U.S. taking so long? Obviously I don't know, so that's why I'm asking. If the government is taking so long on this matter, who knows what they could take forever in even though it could affect us negatively. Before you know it, this small pirate problem could arise to something so huge that we might not be able to handle it. I believe something needs to be done before it gets out of hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment